Friday night we had a "teacher party" at Casa Benny (the house that Tom and Andy live at). There were about 10 other PR teachers that came to hang out, so it was fun to get to know them "out of school". They are great people.
Today, Saturday the 16th, we took a road-trip to San Juan. It was a great day, great weather and Barbara and Mandi came with us. I am very bummed because my camera didn't take all the pictures that I thought I was taking - I am missing about 15 maybe that I had taken throughout the day (tomorrow we are going to have to purchase a new camera) - so, anyway, I will share the pictures that did show up. The town is very quaint and clean. All the houses and buildings are painted bright colors and have great doors and railings around their balconies. There are horse-drawn buggies for the tourists and great stores and shopping. The next two are of a huge fort that was built on the western edge of San Juan. The city is lined with an old wall (used as protection against pirates and such) and this is the fort that San Juan is most known for. The others, I love the cemetaries here so I had so get a picture - and the last couple, a fountain which we were cooling off in. It was very toasty today. We even ran into one of Mandi's students and some parents of one of Jon's students. So really, Puerto Rico is a small world and we definatly stick out! But, the parents reasured Jon that the Junior class likes his teaching - especially the girls (who would have thought!). However, they do think that he has a lot of rules in his math class. :)
Okay, I wish I could show you the other pictures that I thought I had taken, but I guess you will just have to come see for yourself!
2 comments:
Hi Sis and Jon, this is Paul and me. Roger called from the airport and told us to view your latest. San Jaun looks great! Can't wait to visit! We move Troy to Missoula Tues. He just spent 24 hours climbing Granite Peak. It was nuts and he didn't make it to the top. (Shows good judgement to me!) Love you!
Hey:
Things look like they are going great! Maria told us the car story during Flip's birthday dinner last night. You guys are killin me!
Jon; tell those kids to buck up--rules are good.
Quit tantalizing us with the beach pictures!
Post a Comment