Well, we are still working on getting things organized here. As you can see, our house is pretty much set up how we would like it. I have bought some canvas to paint on once I get the inspiration... I may have to take them to a beach sometime soon. I would like to get some fun paintings up. We also went to a flee market today (Andrea, Barbra (Barbara is a new teacher that came in the other day... she is 63 years old and has lived and taught in about 13 different contries over the last 22 years. She is super funny and carefree) and I) and I bought some pepper plants and seeds. There is a place in our back yard that I would like to start a little garden. Food is actually quite expensive here and as long as we have the space and time and long growing seasons.... why not try to grow our own. I'll let you know how that works out. So far, it isn't working so hot because the only small shovel that I could find at WalMart today was a plastic toy alligator shovel... yeah, I am going to have to purchase the real thing. I'll use the alligator at the beach some day though!
Today we went to get a new air conditioner thingy put in. It was expensive but SO worth it. After having scrubbed the entire inside out (seats, floors, dash, everything), Jon could still not get rid of the "dog poop" smell from the car. (Yeah, what were we thinking paying them without seeing the car - oh well, lesson learned) Anyway, we took Andrea's car to get an oil change this morning and the guy there told us a good place to take our car for the air. So, even though the situation seemed a little shady, we gave our car to this man who did not speak English and who was in the back of this lot with a bunch of broken down cars (he must have a lot of business). I was trying to explain to him what needed to be fixed only I couldn't remember how to say "it smells" in Spanish... so I said, "es possible que hay un animal muerte en el frente del carro porque (and then I plugged my nose and made a scrunched up face). I guess he understood because now it smells great and even blows cold air. We did notice that there was an empty vanilla air freshener in our middle console... we are thinking that he may have shoved and air freshener in our engine just to make us happy. I don't know but ...totally worth it. It was amazing though because when he took the old thingy out.... Jon smelled it and it was terrible. I don't know. Strange things happen in Puerto Rico.
We tried to get cable and internet today... turns out that only the cable is working, we must need to exchange our internet modem for a working one.... that might be a week. So, I am still using Andrea's internet. She is great.
School starts on Monday. I think that everyone is a little anxious and nervous. I am ready to just get a feel for it myself instead of listening to everyone's stories. We'll see. It might be a challenge. Jenni, if you are reading... we need to get in touch again!
Hope all is well with anyone reading this!
.... I don't know how hard it is going to be for you to watch this video... it is taking forever to download. If you are unable to watch it because of a slow connection, let me know and I will make a shorter video next time. This is a learning process! But, thanks for the comments, those are great to read!
Okay, the video didn't load because it was too big. We are going to have to make a shorter version tomorrow. We'll let you know! :)
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Thanks for the updates Alyssa. I am so proud of your green thumb and new re-found inpiration for some painting. Hopefully you will have the time to do all the old and new things you enjoy so much. All is well in Fargo. This past weekend we moved my grandparents into an new apartment- assisted living quarters. A few sentimental moments and 2 full dump trucks later- they are moved, however their house of 60 years still needs a lot of work.
Love and miss you guys much. Take care and have a great day at your 1st day tomorrow!
Hey guys! Katie showed me your cool spot. Looks good. Looks like you are going to meet great freinds and create some wonderful memories. What an adventure. Jealous of you and the stage of life you are in. This would have been great to do. I look forward to the updates.
Post a Comment