

An old monistary built into the hill. Just on the other side of the hill from Asurbijan.

A very competative game of Backgammon.

I bought some wool flowers for the baby's room.


Exploring.


From the top of Tbilisi.

Luckly, there was a festival going on in the town.

Just another hike - this time to a waterfall close to the Russian border.


We made it to the top! It was a beautiful day.

Great friends and great views!


Just beginning our walk to the top.

Happy New Year! Since it is the beginning of another year, I thought I better get caught up on last year first! Of course there has been quite a lot happening since I last posted – since that was in October – crazy. I’ll hit the highlights. First, in the middle of October, Jon and I went to visit our good friends Andy and Kirsten in Tbilisi, Georgia. We had the week off, and they did as well, so it made for the great touring together, challenging card game tournaments and even the chance to carve some watermelons together in preparation for Halloween. We had a great time with them and were so thankful for their hospitality.
The highlight of that trip would probably be our 2 day excursion to Kazbege. We had rented a driver to take us to this small Georgian town up in the mountains. The mountains are extreme and rugged. Our driver drove us to an old monastery and from there we made the all day trek up towards a glacier. At the time I was 3 months pregnant and it was by far the hardest climb of my life. But the view from the top was worth it and the bed and the end of the day was even more appreciated!
Here are some highlight pictures from our stay.
1 comment:
Wow! Great pictures, Alyssa! George looks nothing like I was picturing. The waterfall alone made me want to book a trip there! Can't wait to share some February adventures.
Post a Comment